With the onset of spring comes the cliché closet cleaning. And after you’ve rid your wardrobe of some excess winter wear , well, it may just be time to build up your warm outfit repertoire with a few new frocks. But instead of the frilly mini dresses that tend to accompany the beginning of the spring season (and then hang around all summer long), the midi dress is what fashionistas are raving about right now.
Reasons to try the midi? It’s cute, duh.
Aside from the obvious, these in-between dresses actually have a lot going for them. Being a bit on the longer side gives them a more versatile edge, which translates into more usage for you. Wear them to the office with a blazer, pair them with sandals for a brunch date with the girls or sling on a pair of strappy heels for an evening out. Bam—three occasions in one. How many dress silhouettes can do that?
After studying, err, obsessing over the many midi dresses to saunter down the runway during the fall 2016 shows, here are my picks for the best spring versions to fill up your closet because really, what is spring cleaning even for if not to justify a shopping spree?
1.Reformation Manon Dress, $198
2. Lovers + Friends Firefly Dress, $210
3. J.O.A Fringe Midi Dress, $112
4. Free People Wild Worlds Midi Dress, $198
5. Topshop Embroidered Smock, $140
6. Zara Halter Neck Dress, $50
7. ASOS Crop Top Midi Pencil Dress in Orange Floral, $127
8. Olivia Palermo + Chelsea 28 Tie Neck Peasant Midi Dress, $138
9. Tularosa x Revolve Nashville Dress, $198
10. For Love & Lemons Gianna Dress, $266
11. Missguided Round Neck Midi Dress in Grey Marl, $38
12. Wildfox Black Crystal Fairy Apron Dress, $130